This is What We Offer
Are You Apprentice Ready?!
Being a Local 11 Apprentice means:
- Having a Good work ethic.
- Possessing a Positive attitude.
- Listens and learns on the job and in school.
- Works with others as a team to build the project.
- Follows directions of crew leaders regardless of the manner in which they are given.
- Aptitude for the trade/ occupation and some work history (paid or unpaid).
- Has some experience doing construction, production, or other comparable work or transferable skills.
- Has proven potential to be a good worker. Any continuous employment or training with a good attendance record can indicate this, even if not related to the trade/ occupation.
- Necessary physical condition. Some apprenticeships require both physical strength and endurance. In those that do, able to work in a physically demanding environment for extended periods of time in all weather conditions. Can work at heights and in enclosed areas. Is very safety conscious in all work.
- Drug free and can pass drug/ alcohol test that are given randomly to workers.
BECOME ONE OF US!
Welcome to over 150 years of representation and training plasterers and cement masons for the purpose of protecting and promoting the quality of our industry and the livelihood of our members.
GO TO THE OPCMIA APPRENTICE SITE!
Visit the OPCMIA Apprentice site to learn all about what it takes to become
an Apprentice and to get the forms you need to sign up!