Are You Apprentice Ready?
Being a Local 11 Apprentice means:
- Having a good work ethic.
- Possessing a positive attitude.
- Listening and learning on the job and in school.
- Working with others as a team to build the project.
- Following directions of crew leaders regardless of the way they are given.
- Having aptitude for the trade/ occupation and some work history (paid or unpaid).
- Having some experience doing construction, production or other comparable work or transferable skills.
- Having proven potential to be a good worker. Any continuous employment or training with a good attendance record can indicate this, even if not related to the trade/ occupation.
- Having the necessary physical condition. Some apprenticeships require both physical strength and endurance. In those that do, you must be able to work in a physically demanding environment for extended periods of time in all weather conditions. Ability to work at heights and in enclosed areas and are safety conscious in all work.
- Being drug free and can pass drug/ alcohol test that are given randomly to workers.
How to Apply
Visit the OPCMIA Apprentice site to learn all about what it takes to become
an Apprentice and to get the forms you need to sign up!